I've been on the net for years. Absolutely years. But this is my first attempt at blogging. Do I have the time for this? I doubt it! But it still soooo appeals to me ...
The net has always been something of a home for me, ever since I first found it after Bugsy was born, some time early 1996. My first "real" home was the Canadian Parents board at Parent Soup, even before iVillage had ever been heard of. Our board description ran something like
"Do you love hockey and maple syrup, spell humour and colour with a 'u', say 'zed' instead of 'zee'? Well, hitch up your sled dogs outside the igloo, leave your snowshoes at the door, c'mon in and join the pyjama party!"
Well, that's sorta close. It's been 5 years since that home disappeared, so I'm pulling from memory. But it was poking fun at stereo-types about Canadians, while pointing out that we can laugh at ourselves. Not everyone got it, but the ones we wanted to stay did!
Kinda brought things full circle for me, using it for my blog.
The net has always been something of a home for me, ever since I first found it after Bugsy was born, some time early 1996. My first "real" home was the Canadian Parents board at Parent Soup, even before iVillage had ever been heard of. Our board description ran something like
"Do you love hockey and maple syrup, spell humour and colour with a 'u', say 'zed' instead of 'zee'? Well, hitch up your sled dogs outside the igloo, leave your snowshoes at the door, c'mon in and join the pyjama party!"
Well, that's sorta close. It's been 5 years since that home disappeared, so I'm pulling from memory. But it was poking fun at stereo-types about Canadians, while pointing out that we can laugh at ourselves. Not everyone got it, but the ones we wanted to stay did!
Kinda brought things full circle for me, using it for my blog.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home