Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Grrrr!

They say the most common thing couples argue about is $$, and I can see that!

Liebchen runs the finances. All I have to do is tell him what cheques I write. Which I do. Then the cheques actually go through, and once in a while one bounces, and he freaks out all over me. I actually got an email from him the other day to tell me it was "annoying" that I refuse to tell him about cheques I've written ... when I do!! Then he called me at work yesterday morning to chastize me yet again for my irresponsible behaviour. I got sooo mad at him! If he'd written down any of the information I'd given him, he wouldn't have *forgotten* about any of the cheques I'd told him about! And starting an argument with me while I was at work, sure the heck would have sounded totally unprofessional to anyone who'd walked by my desk!! I swear, the man treats me like a child sometimes!


And on to more interesting things ...

There are many levels of hockey. The basic level, anyone can play, everyone has fun and learns about the game, is House League. You pay your $$ and they put you on a team. Some House Leagues run what they call Select hockey. House League players only are allowed to play, one or two teams per age group, and you have to try out to make the team. It adds an extra layer of challenge for the better players who are interested in more. Select is a travelling team, you play other Select teams in your area, but all on a very casual basis. Rep is a layer above that again. You can't play House League and Rep both. You try out for Rep, and the players are very skilled. Again, it's a travelling team, against other Rep teams of the same ability, but its organized, with a regular schedule and championships. And there are numerous levels to Rep too, depending on the population base supporting your team, and the quality of your players. Well, that's the difference, basically. I'm sure the US has similar systems, and Mel could probably explain it better, with a son at the older rather than the younger end of youth hockey!

Does that help at all Eliz?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home