Painting ...
Not sure what it is. Maybe not everyone's partner goes through this? But every year or so he *has* to do some sort of project, usually painting. If he doesn't, he gets distinctly twitchy. Last year it was renovating the master bathroom, while I was majorly pregnant and majorly in need of the toilet multiple times a night. THAT took 3.5 months to finish. The previous winter it was repainting the kitchen, the previous summer it was the deck. A beautiful deck, which still, 2 years later, doesn't have stairs, rails, or the bench seating I wanted.
This time it's the family room, or the tv room as I oh so fondly call it. It's off the kitchen, very open to the kitchen. But quite small. In fact I'm about to measure it, for carpet's sake. Holds a couch, a chair, a stereo stand and a tv. Plus odds and sods, mostly kids toys. It's the most used room in our house. Which we've occupied for 13 years now. And the carpet looks like it's spent 13 years in a well-used room. But we have a baby. One who's just learnt to crawl, and is learning all about the joys of feeding himself. SO while the carpet is ugly and stained, I can live with it. But it drives him batty. Did I mention he has a neat freak streak? So we're going to paint the room, fine. And we're going to replace the carpet, even though in another 4 or 5 years we want to put hardwood in there.
Twitchy, I tell ya.
Not sure what it is. Maybe not everyone's partner goes through this? But every year or so he *has* to do some sort of project, usually painting. If he doesn't, he gets distinctly twitchy. Last year it was renovating the master bathroom, while I was majorly pregnant and majorly in need of the toilet multiple times a night. THAT took 3.5 months to finish. The previous winter it was repainting the kitchen, the previous summer it was the deck. A beautiful deck, which still, 2 years later, doesn't have stairs, rails, or the bench seating I wanted.
This time it's the family room, or the tv room as I oh so fondly call it. It's off the kitchen, very open to the kitchen. But quite small. In fact I'm about to measure it, for carpet's sake. Holds a couch, a chair, a stereo stand and a tv. Plus odds and sods, mostly kids toys. It's the most used room in our house. Which we've occupied for 13 years now. And the carpet looks like it's spent 13 years in a well-used room. But we have a baby. One who's just learnt to crawl, and is learning all about the joys of feeding himself. SO while the carpet is ugly and stained, I can live with it. But it drives him batty. Did I mention he has a neat freak streak? So we're going to paint the room, fine. And we're going to replace the carpet, even though in another 4 or 5 years we want to put hardwood in there.
Twitchy, I tell ya.





2 Comments:
Enjoyed a lot! »
Enjoyed a lot! Website for national car rental ordiering zithromax asia Golf club travel cover college ford dodge truck 2001 dodge 360 distributor rotation New mexico high school scholarships seniors http://www.lipitor5.info/symptomsofneuromusculardegenerationonlipitor.html Montana car for sale Propecia supplement New york desmoplastic mesotheloma attorney Printers copiers xerox fax
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home