I keep getting pushed into the same direction ...
Ripal has been telling me for months not to go back to work, but to start a scrap-for-hire business. Now my employment consultant is telling me the same thing, work for myself.
Seems that there is, or at least was several years ago, an entrepreneur program available through EI. It involves 12-16 weeks of training on starting up a business, running it, marketing it ... just what I need! And it includes a mentor component too ... Runs, or used to run, for a year. Ample time to give a fledgling business a chance to see if it will fly. And she wants to be my first customer!
She sees it as a multi-part business, doing bits and pieces of stuff I love. Scrapping, web designing, and I'd love to throw in digi-kit designing while I'm at it. All things I can earn bits and pieces of $ at, but just maybe if I do all of them it's enough income to cover daycare for just Rusty, and give us mortgage $$? Worth a try!
Don't know if I can do the retraining component too, but I'm perfectly willing to take another stab at Conestoga's Webmaster program through Continuing Ed. I put a couple of years into it, but had to take a break because work wanted me to have some Microsoft certification. Then I had Rusty ... I've been out of it 3-4 years now, so I think I'd pretty much have to start over. No problem, and I'd treat it like part of my job, take studying and homework more seriously.
Now to just wait for them to (hopefully) finally approve my claim, then get in and talk to my local contact, to see if this is remotely do-able.
Ripal has been telling me for months not to go back to work, but to start a scrap-for-hire business. Now my employment consultant is telling me the same thing, work for myself.
Seems that there is, or at least was several years ago, an entrepreneur program available through EI. It involves 12-16 weeks of training on starting up a business, running it, marketing it ... just what I need! And it includes a mentor component too ... Runs, or used to run, for a year. Ample time to give a fledgling business a chance to see if it will fly. And she wants to be my first customer!
She sees it as a multi-part business, doing bits and pieces of stuff I love. Scrapping, web designing, and I'd love to throw in digi-kit designing while I'm at it. All things I can earn bits and pieces of $ at, but just maybe if I do all of them it's enough income to cover daycare for just Rusty, and give us mortgage $$? Worth a try!
Don't know if I can do the retraining component too, but I'm perfectly willing to take another stab at Conestoga's Webmaster program through Continuing Ed. I put a couple of years into it, but had to take a break because work wanted me to have some Microsoft certification. Then I had Rusty ... I've been out of it 3-4 years now, so I think I'd pretty much have to start over. No problem, and I'd treat it like part of my job, take studying and homework more seriously.
Now to just wait for them to (hopefully) finally approve my claim, then get in and talk to my local contact, to see if this is remotely do-able.





1 Comments:
sounds like a decent plan. I'll help where I can. Just let me know.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home