Holy crap!
Yeah, it's been a while since I blogged. Almost 2 years. My friend Melly has been bugging me about my blog, and finally yesterday I let her at mine. I swear I could hear her jaw drop from here when she realized how longstanding my blog neglect was, lol! And now that she's done this beyond amazing face-lift, I have to do her effort justice and keep this up!
So gee, where did I leave y'all? Ah yes, life and work decisions. Funny, not long after the last post, I was having a chat with an IRL friend about job hunting efforts. She was offering suggestions and I was sharing my frustrations and lack of success. And she said "But you've never wanted to work." Well you could have stopped me in my tracks! Because she was totally right. I'd always wanted to stay at home with my kids. But after Mitch and again after Dana was born, I had jobs to go back to. Still, I remember the devastation I felt when I had to return back to work when Bugsy was 6 months old. Liebchen never understood it. But I hated the fact I was working, no matter how much I liked and trusted my kids' caregiver. Her comment was pretty much a verbal "smarten up" smack upside the head, lol! Talked it over with Liebchen, and he agreed we could give it a try, since we'd already been going it without my salary for a while. So tada, I'm now officially a SAHM! And would like to stay that way till Boo hits school full time. And that's another post in and of itself, lol!
Yeah, it's been a while since I blogged. Almost 2 years. My friend Melly has been bugging me about my blog, and finally yesterday I let her at mine. I swear I could hear her jaw drop from here when she realized how longstanding my blog neglect was, lol! And now that she's done this beyond amazing face-lift, I have to do her effort justice and keep this up!
So gee, where did I leave y'all? Ah yes, life and work decisions. Funny, not long after the last post, I was having a chat with an IRL friend about job hunting efforts. She was offering suggestions and I was sharing my frustrations and lack of success. And she said "But you've never wanted to work." Well you could have stopped me in my tracks! Because she was totally right. I'd always wanted to stay at home with my kids. But after Mitch and again after Dana was born, I had jobs to go back to. Still, I remember the devastation I felt when I had to return back to work when Bugsy was 6 months old. Liebchen never understood it. But I hated the fact I was working, no matter how much I liked and trusted my kids' caregiver. Her comment was pretty much a verbal "smarten up" smack upside the head, lol! Talked it over with Liebchen, and he agreed we could give it a try, since we'd already been going it without my salary for a while. So tada, I'm now officially a SAHM! And would like to stay that way till Boo hits school full time. And that's another post in and of itself, lol!





5 Comments:
Yay Kat!
Way to get the blog juices flowing again! heehee
Glad I prodded you enough! hahahahahahaaaaaaaa
Melly :)
About time that you're back to writing! LOL Now, don't be coming to ME and ask me to start writing too! ;-)
Ripal
And very beautiful it is too,, well done Mellykat,,
Welcome back! Your blog looks great.
Mandy
Welcome back to the blogosphere!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home