Oh My Aching Back!
I've been walking the last 6 weeks, in the interest of getting into shape and losing weight. And its winter up here in the Great White North. The township has a cute little plow machine that plows the sidewalks, but it doesn't do a thorough job. And people don't always finish it up for them. So often I end up walking on the road instead, which is oh so safe. Sunday I didn't, and I hit a patch of ice. It was one of those falls that you could see coming, and there was no way of stopping. Landed flat on my back, bounced my head off the sidewalk too. Yeouch!
I made it to work Monday morning, but by noon I was off to the chiropractor with a wicked headache. I've got mild whiplash. The collar is soooo elegant, not! Came home, went to bed, and stayed there till the next morning. And since then I've been icing my back and neck every hour. The headache still lingers, though no where near as bad as Monday. Hopefully I'll be back to work tomorrow.
And if that wasn't enough, on top of this nasty cold I'm developing, my sitter found a few nits in Bella's hair. She checked it after her middle daughter got sent home with a couple of nits in her hair. No live ones, thank God, but we've all gotten doses of Nix shampoo just to be sure. Our two oldest don't seem to have them, but Bella and the sitter's two youngest do. Just what I need! So it'll be icing my back every hour, and getting up to do laundry, our entire bedding, over the course of the day.
Makes me almost want to go back to work, headache and all.
I've been walking the last 6 weeks, in the interest of getting into shape and losing weight. And its winter up here in the Great White North. The township has a cute little plow machine that plows the sidewalks, but it doesn't do a thorough job. And people don't always finish it up for them. So often I end up walking on the road instead, which is oh so safe. Sunday I didn't, and I hit a patch of ice. It was one of those falls that you could see coming, and there was no way of stopping. Landed flat on my back, bounced my head off the sidewalk too. Yeouch!
I made it to work Monday morning, but by noon I was off to the chiropractor with a wicked headache. I've got mild whiplash. The collar is soooo elegant, not! Came home, went to bed, and stayed there till the next morning. And since then I've been icing my back and neck every hour. The headache still lingers, though no where near as bad as Monday. Hopefully I'll be back to work tomorrow.
And if that wasn't enough, on top of this nasty cold I'm developing, my sitter found a few nits in Bella's hair. She checked it after her middle daughter got sent home with a couple of nits in her hair. No live ones, thank God, but we've all gotten doses of Nix shampoo just to be sure. Our two oldest don't seem to have them, but Bella and the sitter's two youngest do. Just what I need! So it'll be icing my back every hour, and getting up to do laundry, our entire bedding, over the course of the day.
Makes me almost want to go back to work, headache and all.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home